An unlicensed individual, who under professional supervision, who provides assistance with adl’s and iadl’s in the client place of residence.
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the designated Supervisor
Risk Of Occupational Exposure To Blood Borne Pathogens: B: limited exposure
An unlicensed person who is at least 18 years of age and has demonstrated competency, when competency cannot be determined through education and experience, to perform the tasks assigned by the supervisor.
– or –
An unlicensed person who is under 18 years of age, is a high school graduate or is enrolled in a vocational educational program, and has demonstrated competency to perform the tasks assigned by the Agency supervisor.
Prefer one year experience in a home services setting.
Speaks, reads, and writes fluent English.
Must have criminal background check and current CPR certification.
Responsibilities may include:
Personal Care – assists with:
- Bath (tub, shower or bed)
- Oral hygiene
- Grooming and care of hair
- Ordinary care of nails
- Routine skin care/lotion massage
- Assist with eating, dressing
- Remind/cue for medications
Homemaking – assists with:
- Meal planning and preparation
- Linen change
- Light housekeeping; washing dishes, clean kitchen, dust & vacuum.
- Grocery shopping
- Follow universal precautions whenever giving any aspect of Client service.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform ONLY those functions specified for each individual Client on the service plan.
- Follow emergency procedures in the event of any incident, e.g., accident, injury
or significant change in Client’s condition.
Essential Administrative Functions:
- Follow Client rights at all times.
- Record each activity performed on each case on a daily basis
- Report any incident or change in condition of Client or environment immediately.
- Submit Daily Activity Sheets and record accurately on a timely basis (WEEKLY).
- Follow instructions, is punctual and is at work as scheduled.
- Follow all appropriate agency policies.
- Attend in-service education annually per agency policy. (min 8 hours per year)
- Provide all information required for the maintenance of her/his personnel record as per regulation.
- Show interest, asks questions and seek help as indicated; is receptive to supervision.
- Develop relationships and is cooperative with Client, family and supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate appearance.
- Is productive and uses time efficiently.
- Follows instructions, is punctual and attendance is acceptable.
- Cooperates with supervisor and with Client/family.
- Is self-reliant and plans appropriately.
- Other duties as are reasonably assigned
Able to carry bundles upstairs weighing up to 10 pounds.
Able to stoop and bend.
Able to travel to prospective Client’s place of residence.
Able to hear and effectively communicate in English.
*All fields are required.